- Rangers 4 Atlanta 2: The Rangers finished off their sweep of the Thrashers in dramatic fashion, coming back from 1-0 and 2-1 deficits to finally take the lead on a goal that had to be reviewed for over five minutes.
Five minutes into the third period, Matt Cullen unleashed a vicious slapshot that caromed off the top crossbar and appeared to bounce out of the crease. Replays showed the puck had bounced down into the goal and the Garden erupted when the tally was put on the scoreboard.
New York withstood several big rushes from Atlanta, including a shot that hit the post and Jagr iced the series when he scored an empty-net goal. The Rangers won’t know their round two opponent until Sunday night at the earliest.
- Devils 4 Lightning 3 (OT): Scott Gomez provided the game-winner and prevented New Jersey from falling into a 3-1 hole. The series is tied at 2 and will resume Friday in New Jersey.
- Buffalo 4 Islanders 2: Chris Drury had two goals to give the Sabres the game and a 3-1 series lead. The Islanders will have to win on the road Friday to avoid elimination.
- Knicks 94 Charlotte 93: The Knicks ended the season with a win and avoided a 50-loss season. Malik Rose had 15 rebounds while Eddy Curry scored 28 including a tip-in with 0.6 seconds left to give New York the win.
- Nets 106 Bulls 97: The Nets grabbed the sixth seed in the playoffs and a first round matchup with Toronto.
- Yankees 9 Indians 2: Kei Igawa was good enough, six innings and two runs allowed, while A-Rod hit another home run, his ninth of the year.
- Mets 9 Marlins 2: The Mets scored four times in the first before making an out and had 17 hits overall. John Maine didn’t give up a hit until the seventh and improved to 2-0.
Photograph by aboutmattlaw on flickr via Gothamist Contribute