- Chicagoist braced itself for the biggest storm front to pass through in 70 years. Despite a lot of wind, however, media reports dubbing it the 'Great Lakes Cyclone' were overblown, which gave its readers more time to discuss a perceived war on foodies.
- SFist celebrated the Giants World Series performance during Games One and Two, but shook its finger at these ladies duking it out at a nearby McDonald's after the game.
- Phillyist mourned the end of the Phils' playoff run, but celebrated the team's season. (Shut up, SFist.)
- Austinist revealed that Descendents were reuniting for a special headlining appearance at next weekend's Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin, taking the spot previously occupied by Devo (who canceled due to a thumb injury).
- DCist dabbled in drag at the High Heel Race and spent the rest of the week talking movies -- namely, a renovated theater and the debate over the quintessential film set in the District.
- Seattlest says forget Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber -- vote for local nutcracker curator Arlene Leavenworth as the first guest on Conan O'Brien's new show. Oh, and all you concertgoers out there should get some earplugs, already.
- Gothamist found it typical that a police cruiser would park in a bike lane so the officer could ticket bicyclists for veering out of the lane to avoid the cruiser.
- Londonist launched a new iPhone app this week. It shows cafes, bars and other venues in London that offer free wifi access.
- Bostonist loved Rondo (headband or not), watched a controversial arrest from multiple angles, recommended somedevil cheese; and threatened to keg-stand draft Fernet Branca.
- LAist announced that the Metro Board of Directors finally voted to approve the extension of the Westside Subway to just past the 405 Freeway.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today