Soup dumplings! (Shanghaiist)
- Shanghaiist took on xiaolongbao, aka soup dumplings, this week, pointing out numerous great non-touristy locations to try Shanghai’s most well known snack.
- DCist and its readers were up in arms after two members of a federal commission suggested eliminating the Smithsonian Institution's relatively small appropriation and instituting an admission fee at all the Institution's museums and facilities.
- LAist contemplated the intelligence of Angelenos, and the accuracy or survey-takers.
- SFist wondered if San Francisco would ban circumcision, too, in light of the city recently barring Happy Meal toys.
- Chicagoist and its readers discussed the discovery of a suspicious briefcase that shut down a train line for a spell and Illinois making a play for Wisconsin’s high-speed rail funding.
- Londonist found itself on the front line of student protests, which saw one of the city’s skyscrapers trashed.
- Seattlest watched the Four Loko fly off the shelves after the state approved a ban on caffeinated booze, and mourned the passing of a local baseball icon--even if the rest of the country hardly noticed.
- Bostonist is beat after watching the Celtics beat the Heat (again), a Bruins fan beating up a bathroom, and the Better Business Bureau getting beat up over its ratings process.
- Gothamist found out that police busted drug dealers via Google Street View.