- SFist visited Dore Alley, the city's annual hardcore fetish street fair.
- LAist explored the issue of immigration reform and deportations--and the fact that California is home to one quarter of the nation's illegal immigrant population.
- Torontoist invited readers to come up with a new slogan for their city.
- Chicagoist stepped back into yesteryear and then stepped into Chef Rick Bayless's garden.
- Londonist traveled back in time a century to discover that their city was bombed
from giant airships. Back on terra firma, they gave London's new cycle hire bikes a spin.
- Seattlest toasted a legendary local mixologist for bringing home "best bartender in America" honors from the Tales of the Cocktail festival in New Orleans.
- DCist spent its week watching the city clean up from a massive thunderstorm. (But no power outage was going to stop this guy from making sure we all heard his thoughts on the Washington Post's editorial board.)
- Gothamist found out that a judge feels wearing saggy pants is not a crime (though it may be foolish). Shockingly, Mayor Bloomberg, who has proscribed how New Yorkers should eat, drink and inhale, agrees!
We rely on your support to make local news available to all