- SFist celebrated the Giants’ first World Series win (in San Francisco) with a parade and by setting things on fire.
- Chicagoist analyzed the GOP’s success in Illinois on Election Night and had some fun with the beer summit of Senator-elect Mark Kirk and his opponent, Alexi Giannoulias.
- Londonist applauded a government investment to turn East London into the new Silicon Valley, which will be helped by a futuristic cable car over the River Thames.
- DCist wrapped up its Rally To Restore Sanity and/or Fear coverage with two enormous photo galleries.
- Phillyist wondered just how desperate the 76ers marketing office really is.
- Bostonist loves caffeine and booze--how else could we get through elections season--but maybe not together at the same time.
- Seattlest tells a college football fairy tale and wonders if it was our Senate race, our mail-in ballot system or the free vibrators that inspired our whopping 71 percent voter turnout.
- LAist broke the big news that the site was undergoing an exciting regime change.
- Gothamist entered the 21st century by voting with electronic voting machines. If only the print weren’t TOO DAMN SMALL.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all