- LAist's Sports Editor wrote "A Plea for Empathy," after a week in which five stories about gay teens killing themselves after being taunted made headlines.
- Gothamist learned that a Rutgers University student killed himself by jumping off the George Washington Bridge—apparently his roommate was trying to secretly broadcast the victim's sexual encounter with another man.
- Shanghaiist, after reading the latest stats on the Chinese internet, wondered if it had turned into one giant 4chan.
- SFist displayed this delightfully NSFW gallery of photos from this year's Folsom Street Fair, the city's ode to sex and leather fetish.
- Chicagoist tracked Rahm Emanuel's departure from the White House as they prepared for his run for mayor of Chicago and lent Rahmbo a hand with some campaign poster ideas.
- Bostonist sees the first arrest in last week's quadruple homicide, a car exploding in Somerville, and the governor's race tightening up.
- Chicagoist Editor-in-Chief Marcus Gilmer celebrated his last week with the site by making a gallery of possible campaign posters for Rahm Emanuel upcoming campaign for Mayor.
- DCist took a look back at how much some areas of the city have changed over the last twenty-five years after one such area, U Street, was the scene of a brazen, midday shooting.
- Seattlest got a lesson in true American fashion. Hold the flannel shirt jokes, please.
- Londonist discovered a mysterious connection between Harry Potter and the city's architecture, and invited any Foursquare fans who are in town on Thursday to join them in an attempt to gain the first Super Swarm badge in the UK.
Elsewhere In The ist-a-verse: A Plea For Empathy
Recent in Miscellaneous
Featured in Miscellaneous
A visit to Mexico's main tequila-producing region, with a brief jaunt to Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta.
Read More In: