A midtown food cart caught fire on Tuesday night, sending its operator to the hospital.

The cart was located on 6th Avenue between 45th and 46th Streets when it burst into flames. Witness Micah Frank said the blaze started around 6:50 p.m., and the worker's clothing also caught fire: "[He] dropped to the ground after running halfway down the block," Frank said. "We called the police and fire department immediately."

The Post reports that a "cart worker said it was likely an electrical fire, possibly caused by the cart’s LED lights that advertise chicken, kebabs and other food."

The FDNY says the fire was put out quickly, and the worker, who was taken to New York-Presbyterian Cornell Weill Medical Center, is in stable condition.