- SoHo standby Lucky Strike has brought on a new Executive Chef, Wen Chen, formerly of Odeon and Papillon. To celebrate his arrival, during the week of May 6-10, he'll be preparing a special 3-course prix fixe menu, which will change daily, including an appetizer, entrée and the "Lucky Lemonade" a cocktail comprised of Ketel One Citron, lemonade, cranberry juice and mint. The luck continues at the end of your meal, when you'll pick a number out of a champagne bucket -- if it matches your table number, your meal will be free. [Gothamist Feedbag]
- Are you in desperate need of a dinner companion? Straight from Craigslist -- "Lunch/Dinner with Unfamous Person" for a mere $50. Plus the price of the meal, of course. [Gothamist Feedbag]
- The Insatiable Critic Gael Greene will be launching her own website and blog at insatiablecritic.com, with an ETA of early next week. [Eater]
- Going to see Waitress? You can get pie recipes from the movie, including “I Don't Want Earl's Baby Pie” and “I can't have no affair because its wrong and I don't want earl to kill me pie Vanilla Custard Meringue - hold the banana”. [Gothamist Feedbag]
- For those who wrote asking for more information about the James Beard Cuilinary School scholarships, application forms can be found online at www.jamesbeard.org. All application materials, including transcript, must be postmarked by May 15, 2007. [Gothamist Feedbag]
Got a tidbit for us? Sent it to the feedbag.