- We almost did a little jig on the street when we walked by Grey Dog's new location on University last night and saw the sign that said it would be opening on 7/19 at 7 a.m. Guess where we're having coffee before work on Thursday? Eater informants snapped a photo.
- Indian mangoes are no longer considered contraband in the U.S., much to the joy of everyone who has been craving them for the past twenty years.
- There's a rumor floating around A Hamburger Today that In-N-Out Burger might be heading our way. Watch out, Shake Shack!
- If you want to be chic and eco-conscious while you shop, stop by the Bowery Whole Foods tomorrow and pick up a re-usable "I'm Not a Plastic Bag" bag for $15, designed by Anya Hindmarch. Doors open at 8:00 a.m. You'd better get there early -- Daily Candy says these things are hot, and since we have no fashion sense, we'll have to trust them on this one. We just like re-usable bags.
- Turducken -- not just for omnivores. SuperVegan created a vegan turducken featuring mock meats from Chinatown’s veggie meats emporium, May Wah. Scary.
- Tuck Shop + Community Supported Agriculture = a delicious summer menu straight from the farm. The Aussies have joined forces with the Stanton Street CSA featuring produce and eggs from Windflower and Elihu Farms.
Got a tidbit for us? Send it to the feedbag.
Photo courtesy of Daily Candy.