We have just two weeks before the Board of Health passes the so-called soda ban—Mayor Bloomberg's latest initiative to ruin New Yorkers' lives/stop the obesity epidemic. And it looks like the details of the plan won't be made public until the actual vote on September 13.

Earlier in the week, Bloomberg had said there probably wouldn't be any changes to the plan, which would prohibit the sale of sugary drinks over 16 ounces in certain establishments. That made people upset—because people are really hysterical about the impending lack of over-16 oz. drinks. Oh, and Big Soda is upset too.

Yesterday, the Wall Street Journal reports that Department of Health Commissioner Dr. Thomas Farley said, "The Health Department’s recommendations about any revisions to the proposal will be presented to the Board of Health at the meeting on the 13th." He remained tight-lipped when asked to explain, "There’s nothing I can talk about now — nothing right now. It’s got to be presented at that meeting." You can read what the Department of Health proposed to the Board of Health (pdf) in July.

Sixty percent of New Yorkers are against the proposed ban; they probably feel like Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz, who said at a hearing, "I'm overweight because I eat too much pasta, pastrami sandwiches, pizza, bagels and cream cheese and lox, red velvet cake and cheesecake."