Yesterday's million meal food drop from the National Guard was a bit of an organizational mess but it did bring food and water to people who desperately need it in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. And so it is happening again today. Here is where.
According to the City, today's distributions (which also include cell phone charging stations) will occur between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. in the following locations:
- Coffey Park at Richards Street, Brooklyn
- West 25th Street and Surf Avenue, Brooklyn
- Mill Road and New Dorp Lane, Staten Island
- Hunter Avenue and Father Capadanno Boulevard, Staten Island
- Beach 51st Street and Rockaway Beach Boulevard, Queens
- Red Fern Avenue and Beach 12th Street, Queens
- Beach 84th Street and Rockaway Beach Boulevard, Queens
- West 27th Street between 9th and 10th Avenues, Manhattan
- East 10th Street between Avenues C & D, Manhattan
- Catherine Street between Cherry and Monroe Streets, Manhattan
- Pitt Street and East Houston Street, Manhattan
- Confucius Plaza on Division Street, Manhattan
- 413 Grand Street (Water Only), Manhattan
It is expected that the food and water distribution will continue through the weekend, check here for times and locations.