Y'all ready for this? Tomorrow morning at 0830 hours the Crossroads of the World will welcome Pop-Tarts World, 3,000 square feet of one-of-a-kind "interactive Pop-Tarts-inspired features." What does that mean? Well, acording to a press release, these include, but are not at all limited to:
- A multi-sensory café serving a variety of Pop-Tarts toaster pastries, as well as exclusive Pop-Tarts-inspired snacks, assorted bakery items and custom ice cream creations!
- A ‘varietizer’ machine, which allows shoppers to build their own customized box of Pop-Tarts.toaster pastries, to take home!
- A custom T-shirt creation station!
- A variety of merchandise!
- A touch screen video stations that provide interactive entertainment and access to social media portals!
- A wide variety of Pop-Tarts merchandise, including mugs, magnets, posters, key chains, apparel, pillowcases, recycled tote bags, coin purses, and chapsticks!
The World's address is 128 West 42nd Street, between Broadway and 6th Avenue, adjacent to Bryant Park. Other attractions include an hourly light show that simulates the look of frosting, a create-your-own-variety-pack vending machine, and Pop-Tarts Sushi, which consists of three kinds of Pop-Tarts minced and then wrapped in a fruit roll-up. (BYO Wasabi.) "We did an internal tasting here at the building, and it was the winner," Etienne Patout, senior director at the Pop-Tarts brand, which is part of the Kellogg Company, tells the Times.
Tomorrow's Grand Opening is part of a marketing push to raise Pop-Tarts' profile by making a big splash in an area visited by tourists from around the world. And to make doubly sure it stands out, Pop-Tarts is wrapping its 50-foot storefront in Pop-Tarts branding, and tarting up the six-story billboard above the store. "The billboards cost as much as the retail space," explains Faith Hope Consolo, chairwoman of the retail leasing at Prudential Douglas Elliman. "It gives them a visibility that they can’t get anywhere else." It's Pop-Tarts World; we just eat heavily processed artificially sweetened pastries in it.