If you want a Krispy Kreme doughnut in this town, you must enter the dreaded Penn Station to obtain one, and even once you're in there you may have trouble finding their small storefront. Soon, however, you'll be able to get these beloved doughnuts at a hard-to-miss flagship shop they're opening in Times Square. Which is kind of like an open-air Penn Station.
The company shared the news this morning along with a rendering showing a large Krispy Kreme glowing on the corner of 48th and Broadway. They say the location is expected "to serve more guests annually than any other Krispy Kreme location around the world."
(Courtesy of Krispy Kreme)
The store, "a first-of-its-kind," will open in 2020, and feature:
- Hot, fresh doughnuts 24/7
- The world’s largest Hot Light ("The world’s largest Hot Light will signal to the Times Square masses the making and serving of hot and fresh doughnuts 24 hours a day at the flagship")
- New immersive and interactive digital activations
- Stadium-style eating inside the world’s largest Krispy Kreme “doughnut box”
- Numerous convenience features, including an exterior walk-up window
The shop will be 4,500-square-foot, and if you're wondering about that immersive experience, they explain that they plan to bring their "iconic doughnut theater experience to life on the world stage... From the mixing of raw ingredients to the iconic glaze waterfall, [the shop] will showcase the end-to-end doughnut-making process." And guests can dine on their doughnut inside "the largest Krispy Kreme doughnut box with stadium-style seating, offering the perfect view of the doughnut theater across the shop." Fine, you had us glaze waterfall.