Because you can never have too many food trucks, Brooklyn's Barclays Center is flagging some down for the plaza outside the arena this Saturday, as well as two more Saturdays this summer. The trucks will be there from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on June 1st, July 6th, and September 7th, and Barclays will also be putting out tables and chairs in the plaza for your dining pleasure. According to a Barclays' rep, the trucks this Saturday include:
- Kimchi Taco Truck (@kimchitruck): This popular Korean BBQ food truck offers traditional fresh kimchi bowls as well as street food classics, including tacos, burritos and -- a culinary first -- the Tofu Edamame Falafel Taco.
- Treats Truck (@TheTreatsTruck): For a sweet break in the day, 2008 Vendy winner the Treats Truck serves up a variety of different cookies, brownies, cakes, donuts and more,including caramel crème sandwich cookies, pecan butterscotch bars and ice cream cone cupcakes.
- Coolhaus Ice Cream Sandwiches (@CoolHausNY): As the weather gets warmer, everyone’s favorite Coolhaus build-your-own ice cream sandwiches will be available with their creative flavors and delicious cookies.
- Mamu Thai Noodle (@MamuThaiNoodle): From Pad Thai to boat noodles, the family-owned and operated Mamu Thai Noodle truck brings Thailand street food to Daily News Plaza.
- Frites’N’Meats (@FritesNMeats): Frites’N’Meats dishes out some of the tastiest Burger & Frites to be had in NYC. And while those are the stars of Frites’N'Meats, they are by no means the only players. Everyday you can find tasty Soups and Homemade Dessert Treats.
- Taim Mobile (@TaimMobile): NYC’s best falafel hits the road with Taim Mobile’s falafel and smoothie truck. It’s Tel Aviv street food with a gourmet twist!
A Tofu Edamame Falafel Taco Bowl followed by a stellar Coolhaus ice cream sandwich? That's our kind of Saturday.