Last month, we presented our NYC Bingo Card, featuring squares filled with some beloved (and a few dreaded) New York City sights. A bodega cat, mismatched subway seats, Michael Shannon, a parade of E trains while you're waiting on a C, and so on. Now we're digging into the city's many quintessential food offerings—above, behold our new Bingo card (larger version here), created by Brooklyn based artist and illustrator Sarah Butler.
Read up on some items and places you'll find on the card:
A Gem Spa egg cream. (Photo by Gretchen Robinette / Gothamist)
- The black & white cookie is perfect.
- Nuts 4 Nuts is underrated (tip: get the coconut).
- The Dosa Man in Washington Square Park is worth multiple visits.
- For your Italian ice, maybe try the Lemon Ice King of Corona?
- Have you checked out Roll n' Roaster yet??
- These are some of our favorite hot dogs in the city.
- Here's a list of NYC's best Bacon Egg and Cheeses.
- Nothing more classic than a martini at 21 Club.
- Visiting Caffe Reggio, a timeless classic in Greenwich Village.
- For a bagel & lox, there's nowhere better than Russ & Daughters.
- A look inside the iconic Gem Spa.
- And here's a lovely ode to the buttered roll from the NY Times.
So what now? Print out the bingo card and see what you find out there, or use it as an excuse to eat and drink everything on the card. We’ll be using the hashtag #NYCFoodBingo, so tweet or Instagram @Gothamist with that hashtag and a photo of what you spot/eat!