In this week's annual cheap issue of Time Out New York, the writers highlight what ten whole dollars will get you at some fine bars, one decided dump and restaurants.
- Five shots of anything (noting that a recent customer asked for Hennessy and got it) $10, Continental
- Whiskey and a can of beer, $5, Laila Lounge (You could spend all of ten dollars, pre-tip, on a date. Imagine.)
- Pitcher of margaritas on Tuesday, $10, Luke & Leroy
- Two Tecate beers, each with matching tequila chaser, $10, Cherry Tavern
- 5 tastings of any wine in the store, $5, Vintage New York
- For the most broke days, the free wine at the Chinese place, The Cottage, with dinner (entrees around $8).
Go on, ruin it for everyone, and tell us how you'd drink on ten dollars.