This story—and we do hope it's a story—makes the guy who complained about a snake head on his plate at TGI Friday's seem like a big fat baby: A German tourist claims that while eating steak and spinach at the Waldorf Astoria on Friday night, he bit into something you'd only expect to find on the menu at a Red Roof Inn. There's really no delicate way to put this: Axel Sanz-Claus tells ABC News that during his meal at the legendary hotel's Bull and Bear Steak House, he bit into a blood-soaked tampon. UGH: "I had it in my mouth, chewed it and nearly swallowed it," Sanz-Claus says, adding, "This is so disgusting, I've felt sick ever since."

It's unclear exactly what Sanz-Claus did to piss off his waitress, but we do know that after spitting the tampon out, he rinsed his mouth with brandy, then vomited in the bathroom. The hotel called an ambulance, and he went to the E.R. at New York Presbyterian, where he claims the doctor cut the object in half and confirmed it was a used tampon. He's been tested for hepatitis, and was told to be tested for AIDS in two months! Sanz-Claus also says he has not been able to sleep or eat since the episode. And you can bet it's going to take a lot of money before he rests again.

The Waldorf-Astoria released the following statement. "We are conducting an internal investigation, but have reason to believe that the circumstances surrounding this incident are highly suspicious. At this time we are not at liberty to provide any additional details." Unfortunately for the hotel, even if Sanz-Claus is trying to pull a hoax like the Wendy's finger lady, just the rumor of something this revolting is enough to turn off diners... from the entire restaurant industry.