If you're one of the 32,000 people participating in tomorrow's Five Boro Bike Tour, Tavern on the Green has a present for you: bring proof of participation in the tour to the Central Park restaurant, and you'll get a complimentary cocktail. (Yes, just one, but after biking 40 miles, one is probably all you'll need to get your #SundayFunday buzz going.)
Bike tour participants can choose from one of these "Five Borough Cocktails:"
- The Bronx: Dorothy Parker gin, orange juice, Carpano Antica vermouth, and Dolin Blanc vermouth
- Brooklyn: Ragtime rye, CioCiaro, Maraschino liqueur, Dolin dry vermouth
- Manhattan: Breuckelen 77 rye whiskey, Carpano Antica vermouth, Angostura bitters
- Queens: Bootlegger vodka, Velvet Falernum, hibiscus syrup, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice
- Staten Island: Owney's rum, coconut water, pineapple juice, lime juice
These usually go for $13-$16, so it's not a bad deal, and if you show up during happy hour in the courtyard (4 p.m. - 6 p.m.), wine and PBRs will go for $8 and $6, respectively. If you'd like to eat back some of the calories you burned biking around the city, that'll come at Tavern on the Green's typically exorbitant prices—but there's no reason you can't cash in your free drink and promptly hit up the nearest hot dog vendor. Happy biking!