It's that time of year again. The time of year we spend entirely too much money on going to a bar or party or club that any other night would cost nothing to enter. But we go, we pay and we fight the Bridge & Tunnel crowd for a spot at the bar. Why? We don't know. It's just part of NYE in NYC. This year we're fleeing the country, but for those of you staying on the island here's a list of parties to go to (that is, of course, if none of your friends will have you at theirs):
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!!!
You know that ultra-exclusive, members only LVHRD club? No, well then we guess you're not on their "list", but this weekend YOU CAN BE. Lucky, lucky you. They're holding an open to the public NYEE (that's New Year's Eve EVE-- the night before New Year's!) Super Heroes Ball.
• Open bar and buffet all night
• 3 DJs (Ari K, Balls & The Bangers) spin throughout the night
• Hosted by "The Man", Chief Justice of Super Affairs and alter ego of downtown NYC actor/comedian Seth "The Zog" Herzog
Appropriate Super Hero or Villain attire is required (make up your own or come as an existing hero/villain). The location of The Ball is secret: Registrants will alerted of the location on their cell phone devices the morning of the event.
FRIDAY // 9pm to 2am // Secret Location! // $75 (buy tickets here)
Saturday! Saturday! Saturday!
New Year's Eve at Movida
General Admission ticket is $100 and includes:
• Four hours premium open bar 9pm-1am
• Access to all bars
• Champagne toast at midnight
• State of the art sound system featuring some of the best DJs around on three levels (including our favorite deejay Alex English!)
• Party favors
• Ball dropping count down
There is also a VIP ticket which includes the above but also seats...or something.
Saturday/ 8pm // Movida [28 7th Ave. South at Leroy Street] // $100
Did you miss out on tickets to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Patti Smith or They Might Be Giants? Have no fear, there is plenty of rock to be had. A longer list will be coming up, so stay tuned. But for now we suggest The Brazilian Girls at Coda.
• 2 Sets W/ DJ MSG (Ben Chang) spinning before, after and in between sets!
• Brazilian Girls live set(s)
• Champagne Toast @ Midnight
Saturday // 8pm to 1am // Coda [34 E 34th St] // $50-75
And of course there is always Misshapes, at it's new location (Don Hill's). Details at their site. On top of a champagne toast there are also, like, 15 deejays and one SPECIAL GUEST deejay. Dress appropriately and maybe you'll make it on to Blue States Lose.
So, how are you ringing in the New Year?