A fire broke out at the popular Brooklyn restaurant and venue, Union Hall, late last night. Luckily, no one was injured.


The FDNY arrived at 702 Union Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues, at 11:50 p.m. and firefighters had the all-hands fire under control by 12:36 a.m. The fire apparently started in the cockloft of the four-story building.

Brooklyn Vegan reports, "SAVAK were headlining Friday night, along with Lake Ruth, and alarms went off as they were finishing their last song." Lake Ruth member Hewson Chen said of the upstairs, "Place is wrecked."


Club's on fire. Literally. #unionhall #brooklyn #fire

A post shared by Sebastián Ramírez (@blapitybla) on




Earlier this morning, Union Hall confirmed no one was injured and then, a few hours later, said that it would remain closed as they assess the damage: