Diplo had planned on setting the world twerking record at his Electric Zoo set earlier this year, but it never happened because the fest got cancelled mid-way through. So Fuse and Big Freedia are now staging an effort to take the title in Times Square today, where they hope to win the Guinness World Record title for Most People Twerking Simultaneously.
Guess that's as random as like, growing your nails really long.
According to the Facebook invite—which asks as if it's even a question: "Want to be a part of Booty Shaking History?"—the event goes down (and up, and down, and side to side—thrust those hips) at noon. Let Miley teach you how to do it:
There will also be a live performance from Big Freedia. But first, down to business. The business of twerking. Make sure you're aware of the official twerking rules and guidelines for this event. Remember when twerking used to just be for fun?
1. Body must remain upright, with movement concentrated in hips
2. Participants can put hands on knees or hips for support
3. Twerking action cannot come from knees. Hips only!
4. Freestyling or additional choreography not permitted. No hands on the ground, feet in the air, twirling, etc.
5. Twerking action must be synchronized, can be at own pace
6. All participants must twerk simultaneously for TWO MINUTES when Big Freedia gives the signal
7. Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire TWO MINUTES will be deducted from the final total
We will obviously be there for Total Coverage. Stay tuned...