Earlier this year one artist's chocolate sculpture of Jesus Christ wasn't leaving a good taste with many, 41% of you calling it "sacrilege." However, 34% of you wanted one for Easter! Maybe Halloween will do, because it looks like it's been resurrected!
"My Sweet Lord," an anatomically correct milk chocolate sculpture of Jesus Christ that infuriated Catholics before its April unveiling was canceled, returns Oct. 27 to a Chelsea art gallery, its creator said Tuesday. This time, artist Cosimo Cavallaro said he expects the public exhibit to proceed without a problem.
Cavallaro seems to be optimistic, but last time he had to cancel he was receiving death threats! It seems most are willing to turn a blind eye this time around since it's not on a religious day.
"We don't approve of the piece at all, but it's not something we're going to protest," said Kiera McCaffrey, the league's director of communications. "This is much less an in-your-face assault on Christians, and it's not happening during Holy Week."
The original piece was stored in Brooklyn and eventually eaten by mice, so this new 200 lbs of chocolate is fresh! And if you want to see this high calorie Christ the exhibit will be at the Proposition Gallery in Manhattan, accompanied by a set of chocolate Catholic icons including the Virgin Mary. Trick or treat!
Photo via WWFF.