Over the weekend the Rockefeller Center ice skating rink opened up, the first to open in the city for the season. You know what that means, the tree will soon be following (on November 9th) along with the pressure to buy gifts during this time of economic downturn. But let's get back to the skating...here's a guide to the other rinks in the city, soon to open.
- Bryant Park: their pond opens up on October 24th, and as always, admission is free.
- Prospect Park: Wollman Rink is currently scheduled to open on November 19th, though the date is tentative. Admission is $3-5.
- Central Park: Manhattan's Wollman Rink will open on October 20th, with rates ranging from $4.75 to $14.
- Central Park: Another rink in the park is Lasker Rink, located mid-park between 106th and 108th Streets. This opens up on October 25th, and rates are $2.25 to $4.50.
- Riverbank Ice Skating Rink: Located on the Hudson River at 145th Street, Riverbank (which is covered) opens in November. Rates are $3-5.