This house has been standing in Manhattan since 1788—built by Nicholas Cruger who bought a parcel of Watts Farm (which in current day geography stretched from East 21st Street to East 30th Street). By 1811 the Commissioners’ Plan laid out the street grid of midtown Manhattan, which placed his home right on the corner of 29th Street. Since then it has changed hands many times, was added to the National Register of Historic Places (in1982), and eventually landed on a modern day real estate site renting for $5500 a month.

In 2006, the NY Times notes that it was owned by Harriet Lembeck and her husband, who at the time ran "wine appreciation classes on the ground floor... rents out the upper floors as a single residence."

According to Ephemeral NY, the Kips Bay home has been renovated, but the structure, the roof, windows and siding remain true to its original design. It's one of the small number of wooden houses that remain in Manhattan... and naturally, it has its own Facebook page.