- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Trump administration would like to block 3.1 million people from receiving food stamps through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio reportedly spend their boys' nights making pottery and eating sandwiches, aaaaaaand scene.
- Excited for this forthcoming series in which Benedict Cumberbatch and Claire Foy bring to life the story of, to quote the Hollywood Reporter, "an eccentric English artist who was known for his drawings of anthropomorphized large-eyed cats." (Same.)
- Donald Trump is suing to keep the House Ways and Means Committee from reviewing his New York state tax returns.
- Lifetime will follow its Emmy-nominated Surviving R. Kelly series with Surviving Jeffrey Epstein, which will presumably detail the accused child sex trafficker's history of predation.
- Baby birds may be able to warn their nest-mates about looming external threats from inside their eggs.
- The majority of the FBI's domestic terror arrests in 2019 have involved white supremacy, according to the agency's director.
- Hotels and Airbnbs around Area 51 are reportedly all booked up for the weekend of September 20th, so if you were planning to rush the military base in an attempt to "see them aliens," you may want to consider alternate plans.
- Okay, that's it, get home safe everybody:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today