- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The first confirmed case of the omicron COVID variant has been found in California.
- The Supreme Court heard arguments today about the Mississippi law that bans abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy, and things aren't looking good for Roe v. Wade. As The Washington Post put it in one headline, "Woman savoring last few hours before getting turned back into vessel."
- Stacey Abrams announced that she will run for governor of Georgia again next year.
- The Washington Post explains why Chris Cuomo's "family first" excuse for breaking journalistic ethics to help his brother doesn't hold water, while Defamer makes fun of Andrew Cuomo's pathetic crisis team: "If you’re thinking that someone has to be a specific kind of asshole in order to make a career out of doing political hatchet work that they never want to be publicly attached to, you are quite correct. Lis Smith is very much that kind of asshole."
- ABC released a preview of their upcoming Alec Baldwin special, in which he gives his first interview since the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust. In it he claims, "The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger."
- If, like me, you haven't been paying close attention to the Ghislaine Maxwell trial so far, NY Magazine has you covered.
- The MTA wants to spend $100 million over the next year on weekly COVID-19 tests for transit workers who refuse to get free vaccinations. 🙄
- Mark Meadows claims that Donald Trump tested positive for COVID-19 three days before his first debate with Joe Biden, but there was no way he was going to cancel the debate.
- Writer Alice Sebold offered an apology to the man she wrongly accused of raping her, saying she “unwittingly” played a part in “a system that sent an innocent man to jail.”
- New York is NOT among the five more expensive cities in the world, so I guess we are now affordable? Is that how this works?
- Here is the list of the most popular cat and dog names of 2021, so you know what not to name your pet.
- And finally, look at this roly poly dude:
Extra Extra: Alec Baldwin Claims He 'Didn't Pull The Trigger' During Fatal 'Rust' Shooting
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
"I typed in 'Christmas lights in NYC' and found Dyker Heights, this was the number one result."
Read More In: