- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Justice Department has sued Texas to block the "clearly unconstitutional" six-week abortion ban, with Attorney General Merrick Garland saying the U.S. government has “an obligation to ensure that no state can deprive individuals of their constitutional rights."
- Norma McCorvey, the plaintiff in Roe v. Wade, never actually got the abortion she sought—and for the first time ever, the now 51-year-old woman who she gave up for adoption has come forward to talk about her life.
- The CDC is investigating four possible COVID-19 deaths from January 2020 in an attempt to understand how the pandemic began.
- Chris Christie is thinking about running for president again in 2024.
- Thirty-seven comedians spoke to Vulture about their first time performing onstage after 9/11.
- Vice reports on Black Yard Farm Cooperative, who are "producing fresh food to promote food sovereignty in Harlem and the Bronx."
- Tony Leung is one of the greatest actors alive, and here is a solid guide to exploring his filmography.
- A Funko Pop version of Baby Yoda, a.k.a. Grogu, will be one of the balloons featured in the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks can't stop, won't stop bickering in the press over their Fleetwood Mac fallout.
- The Guardian reports Black Americans are moving to Costa Rica because it is "less stressful, more affordable, and free from the burdens of everyday racism."
- Associated Press photographer Richard Drew reflects on his haunting "Falling Man" 9/11 photo: "That’s what unsettles people about the picture. We look at it and we put ourselves in the jumper’s place. And we ask, 'Which option would I choose? Would I wait and pray for help as the flames licked at me, or jump through fresh air and sunlight, to certain death?'"
- Stereogum has 20th anniversary pieces celebrating two very differently, but equally great albums: The Microphones' The Glow Pt. 2, and Bob Dylan's Love and Theft.
- And finally, did you know that red pandas have a "false thumb"?
Extra Extra: Lindsey Buckingham & Stevie Nicks Can't Stop, Won't Stop Fighting In Press
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
Close proximity to Broadway, Madison Square Garden, and Penn Station and Moynihan Train Hall, truly discover the heart of the entertainment district at Manhattan West.
Read More In: