- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Albany-Times Union reports that Governor Andrew Cuomo allegedly left his dog Captain at the governor's mansion in Albany and asked staff at the residence "if anyone would like to keep his dog." Cuomo's spokesman Rich Azzopardi said the story was "ridiculous" and "Captain is a member of the family and he’s going to stay that way."
- But if Cuomo really is looking to offload Captain, I know a certain beret-rocking Republican mayoral candidate who'd love to adopt him.
- Despite peddling a ton of anti-mask stories throughout the pandemic, behind-the-scenes the NY Post is requiring all employees to wear masks at the office.
- NBC looks at how Australia went from a COVID-free haven to a mess like everywhere else.
- If you are going to watch just one super depressing video this week about how millions of Americans are still refusing to get vaccinated for spurious reasons, make it this one.
- 🚨The New Yorker has a feature on Succession creator Jesse Armstrong.🚨 The show will return in October.
- Hot girls love whole milk, get with the program.
- In the wake of Mike Richards leaving the hosting gig, Mayim Bialik will be the first weekday guest host of Jeopardy! for its upcoming episodes.
- Depressing, scientifically-questionable headline of the day: "Eating 1 hot dog takes 35 minutes off life, study suggests."
- Gawker writes about the strangest marriage in all of fiction: Ann and George Smiley.
- Apparently a lot of workers want to go back to the office, but also a lot of workers don't want to go back to the office: “I feel like we’re being pushed back to that isolation bubble. I feel like, mentally, I’m not ready to face that again.”
- Kacey Musgraves released the eponymously titled first single from her upcoming album (and film) Star-Crossed. Also check out new singles from Amber Mark and Efterklang.
- And finally, precious (red) panda footage:
Extra Extra: Did Andrew Cuomo Try To Unload His Dog Captain On His Staff?
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
[sponsor] Want a clean home with a clean conscience? Use New York’s new living-wage cleaning service!
NYC's new living-wage cleaning service pays maids $26/hour with a benefits package including 22 days of PTO, health, dental, and vision insurance, and 100% employer-paid commuting. Use coupon code GOTHAMIST to save $20 off!
Read More In: