- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Barack and Michelle danced at Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s concert in Washington, D.C.
- And then Barack and Joe got lunch.
- Meanwhile, someone unfurled a Trump 2020 banner at Yankee Stadium on Sunday.
- A shark swam through people to kill a seal in Cape Cod. The system works!
- A pigeon took the subway. This is also my children's book pitch.
- The Carr fire in California has killed six, and "engulfed 95,368 acres and forced the evacuation of some 38,000 people. It is just 17 percent contained."
- Leslie Cockburn, a Democrat running for Virginia’s 5th district, has accused her Republican rival, Denver Riggleman, of supporting white supremacists and enjoying Bigfoot porn.
- On this day in 1935, the first Penguin book was published, starting the paperback revolution.
- In honor of that, here are some penguins meeting some goats:
Extra, Extra: Obama Dances To The Carters, Has Lunch With Biden
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
Close proximity to Broadway, Madison Square Garden, and Penn Station and Moynihan Train Hall, truly discover the heart of the entertainment district at Manhattan West.
Read More In: