- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Greenwich Village bar Dante has been named the world’s best bar, so don't expect to get in there anytime soon.
- Shepard Smith has left Fox News after 23 years.
- Longtime activist Jane Fonda was arrested today while peacefully protesting climate change on the steps of the U.S. Capitol.
- Wilco will be livestreaming their Brooklyn Steel show on Sunday night, which is great if you, like me, are too tired to go to concerts anymore.
- A man (later cuffed by police) fired multiple gunshots inside the Jay Street-Metrotech subway station on Friday afternoon. The Brooklyn Paper reports that "investigators found a bullet casing inside the station’s upper level... as well as the ashes of a smashed subway tile."
- A Kansas girl "who formed her fingers into a gun and pointed it at several of her [middle school] classmates after another student asked her who would she would kill was arrested and charged with a felony."
- A wildfire moved into northern Los Angeles today, and 23,000 households were under mandatory evacuation. The state's "hot, dry, and windy conditions" have created a “recipe for explosive fire growth."
- Years ago, artist Yoshitomo Nara drank and doodled at the East Village bar Niagara. The work is still on their walls, protected, and could now be worth millions.
- And finally, something to consider... more bike lanes could mean more bike lane bag dogs:
Extra Extra: NYC's Dante Named World's Best Bar
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
Close proximity to Broadway, Madison Square Garden, and Penn Station and Moynihan Train Hall, truly discover the heart of the entertainment district at Manhattan West.
Read More In: