- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Supporters of President Donald Trump reportedly viewed a disturbing and grisly video during a conference held at the Trump National Doral Miami last week. The footage — a scene from the 2014 movie Kingsman: The Secret Service, edited to make it looks like Trump was massacring members of the media and his political rivals, according to the NY Times — has been condemned by a White House spokesperson, but not by Trump himself, who allegedly hasn't seen it. Too busy watching Sean Spicer on Dancing With the Stars, maybe?
- K-Pop star Sulli, 25, was found dead in her home on Monday. Seongnam Sujeong Police are investigating the death, but reported no signs of foul play.
- Oh, sorry, did you want to see Parasite, Bong Joon Ho’s reported masterpiece that crushed box office records for foreign language film openings this weekend? Hahahahaha FORGET IT. (Theaters other than the IFC will begin showing it later this week.)
- Would you spend 30 hours crimped inside a coffin with someone piping "Baby Shark" directly into your ears, if doing so meant you got to have $600 OR some Six Flags tickets at the end?
- In a memo to staff sent Monday morning, NBC News President Noah Oppenheim reportedly characterized the allegations outlined in Ronan Farrow's forthcoming book — that NBC tried to cover up former host Matt Lauer's rape of a colleague and habitual sexual predation, and kill Farrow's investigation into Harvey Weinstein's storied, serial misconduct — as a "smear" campaign built on "conspiracy [theories]," one "motivated not by a pursuit of truth, but an axe to grind."
- Justin Bieber is adept at the art of summer camp jewelry making.
- Here, Economic Times, let me help you with your headline: "MIT Poverty Reduction Pioneer Esther Duflo, Abhijit Banerjee, and Michael Kremer Win Nobel Prize in Economics."
- In the royal battle with British tabloids, Elton John and Hillary Clinton are firmly Team Heghan. (Is that what we're calling Prince Harry and Meghan Markle? Sure why not!)
- In conclusion: Looking good, everybody!
Extra, Extra: The 'How Long Could You Last Inside A Coffin' Challenge
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
The first 50 Gothamist readers get FREE tickets with code GOTHAMIST.
Read More In: