- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Times explains how the whole supply chain crisis happened in the first place.
- Here's the most fun list you'll read today: Vulture compiled a list of the 101 best NYC movies, and despite some quibbles over placement, it's a really great list you should explore. (Even though they had the nerve to leave Serendipity off the list.)
- Griffin Dunne, the star of one of the films on that list, the highly-underrated After Hours, talks about the difficulties of nailing the ending and how director Martin Scorsese wanted him to abstain from sex during the shoot.
- Watch the official trailer for the upcoming MacGruber TV series, which looks MacGood.
- Sometimes a TikTok is just a TikTok, and not a conspiracy-worthy excuse to harass some random dude on the Internet.
- It increasingly seems like the biggest danger to children's education isn't critical race theory, but the extreme backlash to any perceived attempt at teaching things that criticize white culture.
- John Wilson went into even more detail about his insane encounter with Keith Raniere, Clare Bronfman, and Allison Mack at an a cappella event in college.
- Jane Rosenberg, who made the viral courtroom sketch of Ghislaine Maxwell sketching her, says it was no big deal: "She sketched me a few times in a row. Then she started nodding at me and waving at me. She even spoke to me once. It’s really great for me... I need to see her face."
- If you're gonna join a cult, you might as well make it a Liquid Death cult.
- Stereogum counted down their 50 favorite albums of the year.
- Netflix announced a 2022 stand-up festival with 130 comedians, including Dave Chappelle, Kevin Hart, Amy Schumer, Chris Rock, Conan O’Brien, David Letterman, Ellen DeGeneres, Larry David, Maya Rudolph, Jerry Seinfeld, Tina Fey, John Mulaney and tons more.
- NYC is planning to “daylight” Tibbetts Brook in the Bronx because it's causing problems with flooding.
- And finally, hi! Good morning!
Extra Extra: Are These The Greatest NYC Movies Of All Time?
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
A cultural destination for all ages, Hall des Lumières encourages visitors to immerse themselves art and culture from a new perspective.
Read More In: