- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Former President Donald Trump is trying to conceal more than 700 pages of files from up to and on January 6th, the day a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, according to a sworn declaration from an official at the National Archives. Some the pages apparently include memos and notes from a White House lawyer discussing efforts to undermine the November 2020 presidential election.
- The Washington Heights community is reeling over the death of a 7-year-old boy, who died in a fire Saturday morning. Fire officials say the latest sick-outs spurred by the vaccine mandate are not to blame.
- Should a zombie apocalypse occur, New York is apparently not the best place to be.
- Actor Alec Baldwin gave his first on-camera interview since discharging a prop gun that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of a movie.
- The ongoing supply chain issue impacting the U.S. is impacting Halloween, according to the NY Times, which writes that the "supply chain is not well equipped to handle trends."
- If you're lucky, you might be able to catch a glimpse of the aurora borealis, thanks to a solar flare set to arrive Saturday.
- And finally, panda costumes are a good fit for these cuties:
Extra Extra: Have Supply Chain Issues Interfered With Your Halloween Plans?
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
Everyone agrees the Riverside Park boat basin needs to be upgraded. Not everyone likes the city's plan: "This looked like the monstrosity on the Hudson."
Read More In: