- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Chris Cuomo has been fired by CNN after documents released by the New York Attorney General’s office showed he strategized with the executive staff to help his brother former Gov. Andrew Cuomo ward off accusations of sexual harassment.
- Mount Semeru, a volcano in Indonesia, has erupted, forcing thousands of local residents to flee ahead of smoke and ash.
- New marine life has sprouted atop the Great Pacific Garbage Patch which is both inspiring and depressing news.
- Climate change could leave the Mountain West without snow for years at a time.
- Polish officials are proposing to create a “centralised register of pregnancies that would oblige doctors to report all pregnancies and miscarriages to the government,” the Guardian reports.
- This deeply moving article about Stephen Glass - best known for plagiarism and lying to prop up his journalism career - asks how far do we need to punish ourselves in the search for redemption.
- An art exhibit in Bay Ridge uses the rainbow cookie as a gateway to questions about identity, history and immigration.
- George Clooney says he once turned down a $35 million offer for one day’s work in an airline commercial.
- And finally, if you need to find a way to dispose of your decorative gourds, this lil guy will take care of them:
Extra Extra: Hallelujah, It's The Shortest Day Of This Garbage Year
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
"I typed in 'Christmas lights in NYC' and found Dyker Heights, this was the number one result."
Read More In: