- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you —sign up here.
- The FDA announced that it will permanently allow abortion pills to be obtained by mail.
- A CDC panel has recommended that people get the Pfizer and Moderna COVID vaccines rather than J&J because of concerns over risks for blood clots.
- There's a lot of bad news about the pandemic and the omicron wave happening right now, but here's some potential good news, if you are inclined to thinking optimistically: this wave might be "shorter lived than those of other variants," and the cases "continue to appear mild."
- Here's a, uh, feel-good obituary for Renay Mandel Corren, "a plus-sized Jewish lady redneck died in El Paso on Saturday," written by her son.
- Vaccine contrarian and overrated blues guitarist Eric Clapton has successfully sued a woman who tried to sell a bootleg Eric Clapton CD on eBay, even though Eric Clapton was likely the only person remotely interested in buying it.
- You better watch out: SantaCon Hoboken, the biggest winter sleighshow in the tri-state area, returns this Saturday.
- Reach out to someone in the media today, they probably have the media variant.
- Actor Chris Noth has been accused of sexually assaulting two women in two separate incidents over the last 15 years. Peloton has since pulled its viral ad starring Noth.
- The Met Opera announced that it will require all employees and audience members to get COVID booster shots starting in mid-January.
- Nobody wants Tishman Speyer's NFT of the 2021 Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.
- Yellowjackets, Showtime's delightful new Lost-esque series about cannibalistic teens, has been renewed for a second season.
- For the third week in a row, Tierra Whack has dropped a great three-song EP (why does she hate albums so much??)—listen to the R&B? EP.
- And finally, these two have a very special relationship:
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today