- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Asked about the verdict in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, President Joe Biden told reporters, "The jury system works, and we have to abide by it." He later released a longer statement saying, "While the verdict in Kenosha will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included, we must acknowledge that the jury has spoken."
- What's it like being a guest star on Curb Your Enthusiasm? It sounds pretty, pretty, pretty fun.
- Apparently the "intellectual right" is flirting more and more with fascist aspirations of "seizing" America’s core institutions from the left.
- Vaxx-hesitant Democrats who think they are "reasonable" are hiding their unvaccinated status from their friends and neighbors and coming across as extremely unreasonable.
- Variety ranked the 20 greatest HBO shows, and while they got the number one right, it is nuts to place Insecure above The Wire and Curb.
- Human poop is hurting the planet, but is there anything we can do about it?
- Pete Davidson and Kim Kardashian West are officially (?) a couple, or at least people who like to hold hands in front of the paparazzi while wearing oversized sweats, which is the official definition of dating.
- Tom Petty's daughter talked about what the future may hold for her father's legacy, possibly including a museum.
- Chrissy Teigen hosted a Squid Game–themed party and people are upset.
- Well, obviously we must start New Music Friday with Adele's mammoth new album 30, which is one of her best albums yet, highlighted by the self-actualizing anthem "I Drink Wine," Motown-influenced "Cry Your Heart Out," naked piano ballad "To Be Loved," the jazzy "All Night Parking" and sex jam "Can I Get It." If you're looking for music that isn't just Adele, listen to Colin Blunstone's That Same Year, 14 gorgeous stripped-down demos recorded around the same time as his solo debut One Year; Saba released another banger single "Stop That;" and there are new singles from Cardi B, R.A.P. Ferreira, and Earl Sweatshirt.
- And finally, where are they going?
Extra Extra: It's Pretty, Pretty, Pretty Fun Being A Guest Star On 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
This week on the season finale, Logan considered a merger, the siblings made their stand, and Tom made his move. Check out the Succession Power Rankings below.
Read More In: