- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- After a lot of introspection and threats of lawsuits, I have decided to temporarily suspend courses at the University Of Extra Extra. However, if you want to read one last thing about the real life inspiration, read Defamer's acidic take: "This is who and what we’re dealing with, here—the greasy grievance goblins that Weiss associates with professionally, and the grouchy sawdust-brained establishment types likely to be impressed or amused by people like that, all working to service the specific involuted gripes of the type of rich cretin that all of the aforementioned live to serve."
- Dean Stockwell, the versatile character actor known for everything from Quantum Leap to Blue Velvet to Paris, Texas to Battlestar Galactica, has died. He was 85.
- Come for the story about Starbucks trying to delay and meddle in a union election, stay for the anecdote about Howard Schultz trying to convince people to vote against the union because of something about blankets in the Holocaust.
- This Vogue piece about Nancy Pelosi officiating Ivy Getty's over-the-top socialite wedding in San Francisco is probably your best hate read of the day.
- After a four year battle, a men's homeless shelter has finally opened on Billionaire's Row.
- Existential headline of the day: "Andrew Garfield Talks Spider-Man: 'Money Is the Thing That Has Corrupted All of Us and Led to the Terrible Ecological Collapse That We Are All About to Die Under.'"
- HBO Max announced that Search Party will end with its fifth season, which premieres in January.
- It sounds like Squid Game season two is inevitable.
- These are the items that will be the hardest to get ahold of right now because of supply chain issues.
- It seems like everyone announced a new album today: Mitski has Laurel Hell coming in February (listen to "The Only Heartbreaker"), Beach House are releasing Once Twice Melody in batches of four distinct “chapters" over the next three months; and Nilüfer Yanya's sophomore album PAINLESS will be out in March (listen to "stabilise").
- A huge shoutout to the woman who came in dead last at the Marathon last weekend.
- And finally, the real winner of the NYC Marathon was everyone who got to witness this duck waddle-running:
Extra Extra: The Existential Agony Of Starring In Spider-Man Movies
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
Everyone agrees the Riverside Park boat basin needs to be upgraded. Not everyone likes the city's plan: "This looked like the monstrosity on the Hudson."
Read More In: