- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Columbia University has repossessed a Morningside Heights building which long served as a communal homebase for a "rotating cast of urban homesteaders—mostly young, often artists or academics."
- A 39-year-old Milwaukee man is facing five counts of first-degree intentional homicide after he drove his car into a Christmas parade, killing at least five people and injuring 40 more.
- Two major Fox News commentators have resigned in protest over Tucker Carlson's "pattern of incendiary and fabricated claims" regarding Donald Trump.
- Vice spoke to family members of people who have been hooked into the QAnon JFK Cult and it is super depressing: “She left her children for this and doesn't even care. She is missing birthdays and holidays for this. She truly believes this is all real and we are the crazy ones for trying to get her to come home. But she won’t. I don't believe she will ever come back from this. We are in mourning.”
- Is your office doing an in-person holiday party this year, or sticking with a pandemic-era virtual one?
- The NY Times has 100 notable books of 2021 to recommend.
- Ridley Scott is mad at apathetic millennials, and their damn cell phones, for not going to see The Last Duel: “I think what it boils down to — what we’ve got today [are] the audiences who were brought up on these fucking cell phones. The millennian, [who] do not ever want to be taught anything unless you told it on the cell phone,” Scott said.
- We Are Lady Parts, one of the most charming shows on Peacock, has been renewed for a second season.
- Terra Field, one of the Netflix employees who led protests against Dave Chappelle, has resigned from the company.
- Chrissy Teigen is in a feud with Buzzfeed, and there are no winners.
- Check out the teaser trailer for Inventing Anna, the new Shonda Rhimes about grifter Anna Delvey.
- Do you have the guts to try to make this pizza stuffing this Thanksgiving?
- I neglected to mention a wonderful reissue last Friday, so let me highlight it now: listen to Another Side, a lost folk-funk album from The Meters' Leo Nocentelli.
- And finally, is this a big puppy or a small bear?
Extra Extra: Would You Dare Cook Pizza Stuffing For Thanksgiving This Year?
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
Everyone agrees the Riverside Park boat basin needs to be upgraded. Not everyone likes the city's plan: "This looked like the monstrosity on the Hudson."
Read More In: