- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- After New York City banned solitary confinement for incarcerated New Yorkers under the age of 22, the City sent them upstate, where at least eight young people are being held in solitary, the Times reports.
- Brooklyn rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine was reportedly held up at gunpoint, then robbed of a $750,000 chain and around $20,000 in cash while hanging out a Queens strip club this weekend.
- Billy Joel on his farewell tour idea: "The stage is a living-room set: couch, TV, coffee table, food. And there’s bulletproof glass between me and the audience. Then I come out and lay down on the couch. I grab the remote and start watching TV. The crowd after a couple minutes goes, 'Fuck this,' and starts throwing shit at the glass."
- Bachelor star Corinne Olympios talks about being pranked by Sacha Baron Cohen.
- Cohen also told a group of people from Kingman, Arizona that they would be getting a mosque in town; they reacted by saying they were "racist against Muslims."
- Some NSFW Pics from this weekend's Gathering of Juggalos, if you're into that sort of thing.
- A Phish fan was attacked at this weekend's show at the Gorge in Washington and a GoFundme has been set up. Some people on site say the attackers had swastika tattoos.
- Are there more lightning bugs in NYC this summer?
- Check out the first trailer for the new Julia Roberts series, Homecoming (and turn it up for some Radiohead):
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today