- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Remember the brawl at Carmine's on the Upper West Side, wherein a group of unvaccinated Texans assaulted a hostess, but then it turned out that the Texans were vaccinated Black women who'd been called a racist slur by the white hostess? The Cut details what actually happened, and how a story that was used to fit all kinds of 2021 grievance narratives actually wound up mainly being a huge nightmare for the employees at Carmine's who were just trying to do a really hard job during a pandemic.
- Republican Rep. Paul Gosar was officially censured by the House of Representatives for posting an anime video of himself killing AOC, which means he now has no committee assignments and thus can't do anything meaningful in Congress.
- COVID precautions failed to prevent kids from spreading head lice.
- A lab worker cleaning out a freezer at a vaccine research facility in Pennsylvania found some vials labeled "smallpox," which the CDC and law enforcement are now investigating.
- Buy Nothing groups are booming on Facebook as people look to avoid inflated retail prices and also generally stop buying so much stuff.
- "Cannamoms," or moms who smoke weed to deal with the challenges of parenting, are coming out of the "green closet" and becoming influencers.
- The GameStop stonk nerds are now rallying around an effort to buy a copy of the U.S. Constitution at an auction, ostensibly to stick it to billionaire collectors but also for the same reason they've been buying cubes of tungsten.
- "If you care about Diana as a human being, or dignity as a concept, you will find this treatment of her life both aesthetically and morally mortifying": The New York Times did not give Diana, The Musical a favorable review.
- And finally, fetch with a cow:
Early Addition: You Were Wrong About The Brawl At Carmine's
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
Everyone agrees the Riverside Park boat basin needs to be upgraded. Not everyone likes the city's plan: "This looked like the monstrosity on the Hudson."
Read More In: