- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- New research shows that the vast majority of unvaccinated workers who claim they'd rather get fired than get vaccinated are bluffing, and when Mandate Day arrives, they get that shot (and their paycheck).
- Due to supply chain pressures and the need to pay employees higher wages, Dollar Tree is planning to sell some items for $1.25 or even $1.50.
- In what may be the earliest instance of humans domesticating animals, scientists have found that 18,000 years ago, people in the rainforests of New Guinea began raising cassowary birds — known as the world's deadliest birds because of their sharp talons — to work with them instead of killing them.
- Carlos Watson, the CEO of the possibly fraudulent media company Ozy that was eviscerated in the Times yesterday, has been stripped of his hosting duties for tonight's documentary Emmys.
- Lebron James confirmed yesterday that he's been vaccinated against COVID-19, but insisted that getting vaccinated is an individual's choice about how they handle their bodies. (That's not really what vaccines are about.)
- Eminem opened a kitschy restaurant in Detroit called Mom's Spaghetti.
- You can go glamping on the Hudson Valley farm where Pie-O-My, Tony Soprano's horse, is living in retirement.
- London put up a little blue plaque on the apartment building where Diana Spencer lived with her girlfriends before she started dating Prince Charles.
- Refresh your feeds, Gen X: There's a new podcast about Donna Tartt, Brett Easton Ellis, and the shenanigans of Bennington College's class of 1986.
- And finally, Jeff is beside himself about this bird outside his window:
Early Addition: You Can Go Glamping On The Hudson Valley Farm With Tony Soprano's Horse
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
[sponsor] Want a clean home with a clean conscience? Use New York’s new living-wage cleaning service!
NYC's new living-wage cleaning service pays maids $26/hour with a benefits package including 22 days of PTO, health, dental, and vision insurance, and 100% employer-paid commuting. Use coupon code GOTHAMIST to save $20 off!
Read More In: