- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- NPR has a thorough look at why climate activists and concerned officials keep talking about capping the global temperature rise to 2.7 degrees Fahrenheit by 2100. (We're currently on track for a 3.6-degree rise.)
- As of this morning, the United States is now open to fully vaccinated international travelers, and chef Daniel Boulud, whose diners include a lot of rich people from overseas, is very excited.
- An injured attendee of the Travis Scott concert in Houston, where eight people died and many more were injured, is suing Scott and surprise performer Drake for $1 million for allegedly egging on the crowd.
- China is testing its missile technology by firing at a replica of a U.S. Navy ship that's parked in the middle of a desert in plain view of any passing satellite — which is likely deliberate.
- "He funnels 90% of his money into cryptocurrency": The Wall Street Journal checked in with rich Millennials about how they're managing their money.
- Beans are still a Thing.
- It appears that Joe Manchin drives a Maserati (but does it do 185?).
- Vulture profiled Simon Rex, who is making a big comeback in Sean Baker's new film Red Rocket after the model and former MTV VJ didn't have a career for a decade.
- TikTokkers in search of that dewy look have discovered that rubbing sex lube on your face does the trick.
- And finally, it ain't football without a fox on the field:
Early Addition: Welcome Back, Rich Overseas Tourists!
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
[sponsor] Want a clean home with a clean conscience? Use New York’s new living-wage cleaning service!
NYC's new living-wage cleaning service pays maids $26/hour with a benefits package including 22 days of PTO, health, dental, and vision insurance, and 100% employer-paid commuting. Use coupon code GOTHAMIST to save $20 off!
Read More In: