- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Kentucky Senator Rand Paul really doesn't want to talk about his objections to funding the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund.
- Future Brooklyn Net Kyrie Irving is a big fan of Spongebob Squarepants, sneakers and Flat Eartherism.
- When you find yourself wishing for a "dry heat" this weekend, keep in mind: Southern California has experienced 16,000 earthquakes this month.
- A Queens Community Board member thinks that pedestrians who cross the street on their phones "deserve to get run over."
- The reigning time trial world champion of the Tour de France vanished in the mountains on Thursday, then abruptly quit the race.
- Your boss is probably spying on you right this very second and there's nothing you can do about it so you might as well keep reading.
- Alan Dershowitz, the former lawyer for Jeffrey Epstein and leper of Martha’s Vineyard, insists he has a "perfect" sex life.
- New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus is reportedly dead at 32 from heat stroke in Arkansas.
- The president is blaming the "Fake News Media" for his supporters' vile, racist chants about Congresswoman Ilhan Omar.
- Read Adam Serwer's latest for the Atlantic: What Americans Do Now Will Define Us Forever.
- This airport hotel in Japan has a fake cockpit and flight simulator right there in your hotel room.
- And finally, this Cats trailer makes way more sense:
I put the song from Us onto the Cats trailer and I think it fits better. pic.twitter.com/VMBlbeDQs5
— "Ian" Abramson (@ianabramson) July 18, 2019