- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- California Republican Rep. Devin Nunes is quitting Congress to become the CEO of Donald Trump's new media company, Trump Media & Technology Group, and Democrats think they have a serious shot at winning his seat.
- China is threatening "resolute counter-measures" for the United States' human rights-related decision to not send any government officials to the winter Olympics in Beijing.
- Tesla made a software update in its cars over the summer that allows the driver to play solitaire and other video games on the big touch screen in the middle of the dash, and safe driving advocates think it's a pretty bad idea!
- Here's the oral history of Apartamento magazine, the beloved anti-Architectural Digest that shows people's crap (artfully) lying around.
- An envelope of $20 bills or even just a pack of wool socks make great gifts, but if you really want to go this route, the Wall Street Journal has a guide to giving someone the gift of cryptocurrencies or NFTs.
- 2021 has been a banner year for TV shows about enraged women letting it all out.
- Prince Harry, known job-quitter, has become an advocate for people resigning in the name of mental health.
- Contrary to what the TikTokkers want you to believe, Harry Styles did not steal a microwave from an arena on Long Island.
- Some news you can use from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation: a video tutorial on "How To Poop In The Woods."
- And finally, I'm a bit concerned where these owls pop out after going down this mini golf tube:
Early Addition: New Yorkers' Tax Dollars Have Gone Into A 'How To Poop In The Woods' Tutorial Video
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
Everyone agrees the Riverside Park boat basin needs to be upgraded. Not everyone likes the city's plan: "This looked like the monstrosity on the Hudson."
Read More In: