- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you —sign up here.
- NYU and the Metropolitan Opera are among a growing number of institutions now requiring booster shots for attendees.
- In Hempstead, Long Island, where teens don't smoke weed (?), parents are making a last-minute push to ban legal dispensaries from opening in their town, with one woman at a local hearing explaining that she doesn't want Hempstead to become "the sixth borough."
- An MTA buses department manager told the Post that he keeps a creepy blow-up doll in the passenger seat of his Kia "for the company," not so he can fraudulently drive in the HOV lane.
- Bruce Springsteen has sold his masters and his music publishing rights to Sony Music for a combined deal of around $500 million.
- A Florida couple who loved nature and had a live-and-let-live attitude towards some local bees was "like, 'sure, go ahead, live in our shower,'" and that's how they ended up with 80,000 bees and 100 pounds of honey filling their house.
- In a 40-minute interview with NPR, a spokesperson for the Taliban explained that Afghanistan's new rulers "respect humanity," they just don't approve of girls dancing on television.
- "The world as we know it is ending. Why are we still at work?" is... a take!
- Gawker named JoJo Siwa both its Person of the Year and the Pitbull of Generation Z.
- And finally, I mean someone had to flip this turtle over:
Early Addition: MTA Boss Claims He Keeps Blow-Up Doll In His Car "For The Company," Not To Cheat HOV Lane
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
Close proximity to Broadway, Madison Square Garden, and Penn Station and Moynihan Train Hall, truly discover the heart of the entertainment district at Manhattan West.
Read More In: