- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Joni Mitchell, Barry Gordy, Lorne Michaels, Justino Díaz, and Bette Midler are all Kennedy Center honorees who got a big reception at the White House over the weekend.
- Economically depressed Upstate New York towns are divided over whether to allow hedge funds and other financial firms to come in and build Bitcoin mining facilities, which are extremely energy-intensive and bad for the environment.
- Ghislaine Maxwell's parents wrote a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland asking him to make their daughter's stay in jail nicer.
- The New Yorker published a 7,000-word neg of Succession star Jeremy Strong.
- The latest trend among Millennials, some of whom are now in their 40s and living in a precarious world beset by COVID-19: writing wills.
- Australia, where people get drunk twice as frequently as the global average, has been named the drunkest country on Earth.
- Actor Michael Sheen told the BBC he's now basically "a not-for-profit actor" who's donating major chunks of his acting checks to worthy causes.
- Here's Pitchfork's list of the 100 best songs of 2021, a ranking you may not agree with but hey, there's somethin' for everyone in here!
- It appears to be Italian Awareness Month.
- And finally, a cat in a bubble:
Early Addition: The Hottest New Millennial Trend Is Writing A Will
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
Everyone agrees the Riverside Park boat basin needs to be upgraded. Not everyone likes the city's plan: "This looked like the monstrosity on the Hudson."
Read More In: