- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The judge in the trial for the three men charged with murdering Ahmaud Arbery acknowledged that there was "intentional discrimination" in the jury selection process — 11 out of the 12 jurors are white — but said he couldn't reinstate any of the Black jury candidates who'd been tossed by the defense attorneys.
- Tanzania apparently went months without even acknowledging that the pandemic existed, and then proceeded to woefully undercount the COVID-19 death count, which has been a consistent problem on the African continent.
- The New York Times rode the 750-mile Empire State Trail, a bike and pedestrian trail network that connect Manhattan with Canada, and took some cool pictures along the way.
- Supply chain, schmupply chain: Seems like people are just gonna email each other gift cards for Christmas.
- A 2,500 pound bison named Bison-tennial who escaped from his farm in Marlboro Township, New Jersey, was found, tranquilized, and safely returned to his home.
- It turns out that a lot of guys who are not professional athletes take steroids to get buff.
- They're making a Wicked movie, starring Cythia Erivo and Ariana Grande.
- A man who can't burp wrote about it for Gawker, and not only does it sound extremely uncomfortable to swallow a bunch of air that fills up your belly and can't get out, but the way to treat it is with a prohibitively expensive Botox shot into your throat.
- And finally, I'm guessing this dog has schmutz on its front paws and is trying not to get the floor dirty, how considerate!:
Early Addition: 750-Mile Bike Trail From Manhattan To Canada, Anyone?
Recent in Arts & Entertainment
Featured in Arts & Entertainment
The first 50 Gothamist readers get FREE tickets with code GOTHAMIST.
Read More In: