HBO is releasing the $299 20-disk DVD set of all Sex and the City episodes tomorrow, and to celebrate that, they've arranged various promotions at different locations Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte visited, which you can see here at the SATC's Put Yourself on the Map website. If you think you're getting a real Sex and the City Experience, you'd be wrong, as Barneys, Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo, The Soho House, Tiffany, the Hudson, Magnolia Bakery, Gray's Papaya, Two Boots Pizza, Catherine Malandrino or Tao, to name a few. Some of the promotions are a little bit difficult: For instance, if you want to get a free floral arrangement at Takashimaya (where the girls smelled perfumes), you need to spend $200. And also, there's no guarantee of hilarious heartbreak (if only they had contacted 8 Minute Dating), a visit from a credit officer because you've spent over $25,000 on shoes, or a call from the doctor saying you have a VD.
But there are some good deals, if you want to wear pink and get drink lots of free Cosmos. Here are our picks amongst the participating establishments that include Bowlmor Lanes, Intermix, and Tasti-D-Lite:
- Free cosmopolitans at O'Nieal's if you mention the promotion or wear pink
- Free trapeze swing at the Trapeze School if you mention the promotion or wear pink
- Free work out at a NY Sports Club if you wear pink
- Free cosmopolitans at The Biltmore Room to anyone wearing pink nail polish
- Free macaroon at Payard Patisserie if you mention the promotion
- Free brownie at The City Bakery to the 100 people who mention the promotion or wear pink
But there's one NYC standby featured in the show that will always be free: A ride on the Staten Island Ferry.
Smart shopping check: HBO is selling the DVD for $254.96, Amazon is selling it for $194.97!