Hey laaadies, the Sex and the City prequel is happening, according to someone who talked to the Hollywood Reporter, and The Carrie Diaries series will air on the CW. It's all happening. This means that each week we'll see a 17-year-old-ish Carrie Bradshaw in an early 1980s New York City. We have never read one page of the Candace Bushnell-penned book series this is going to be based on, but here are some things we'd like to see Carrie do while struggling as an unknown in the bad old days of Manhattan:
- Bump into Patrick Bateman at the Limelight.
- Moonlight as a peep show performer in Times Square.
- Stalk Madonna at Danceteria.
- Crash a party at Andy Warhol's Factory (at the time, this would have been at 860 Broadway).
- Be passed over for a role in a Woody Allen flick.
- Create an outfit inspired by a Keith Haring mural.
- Get busted by the Vandal Squad for tagging a wall with her lipstick.
- Take the subway.
THR also notes that Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire, along with former Sex and the City scribe/co-producer Amy B. Harris will all be creating this monster together.